Brief description:Next time you buy a pizza on-line take the chance to round-up and give a few pennies to improve the life of a child or an adult with a learning disability.
The first retailer to go live with Pennies
Next time you buy a pizza online or via the Domino's Pizza app on your smart device or tablet, take the chance to round-up and give a few pennies to improve the life of children, and adults, across the UK. Not only can you make a real difference, but your bill will be that much easier to divide up if you are sharing with friends.
Domino’s supports three charities across the UK through a combination of corporate giving and staff fund raising, inviting customers to join in too. Since being the first retailer to switch on Pennies in November 2010, Domino's has supported Special Olympics Great Britain and Northern Ireland Children's Hospice, widening their support to benefit Rays of Sunshine Children's Charity too as of April 2013.
Teaming up with Pennies means that their customers have another way of showing their support, and they have been incredibly generous. After three years, customers had chosen to round up their orders three million times, raising over £700,000 for charity.
A few things you might not know about Domino’s:
- Domino’s first UK store was in Luton, opened in 1985.
- Today they have around 600 stores across England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
- Globally Domino’s delivers more than 1 million pizzas every day.
- Pepperoni is the UK’s favourite flavour.
- In Japan it's squid, but in India lamb and pickled ginger tops the pizza polls.